I thought I was in pretty good shape. And then I met Scott. My fitness journey has not been the same since. I’d worked with several other trainers, but none had ever really challenged me the way Scott and Barb do. No two workouts are ever the same even though you know there’s probably definitely going to be push-ups. They know each of their clients very well, which is great (but also makes it harder to cheat on your workout since they know how much you’re capable of lifting for any given exercise). I’ve also seen them work with people at all levels of fitness from those just starting out to gym junkies (like me) and tailoring each workout to the individual and their specific goals. And there is no shortage of encouragement and positivity; no workout is complete without at least one high five, low five, or side five for everyone.
Which brings me to: The Top 5 Reasons to Try Protégé Fitness:
5) Reduce stress. Rough day at work? Significant other driving you nuts? Going to the gym gets you out of the house or the office. Plus, exercise releases endorphins, so go ahead and load up the barbell and start lifting.
4) Get stronger. I worked at UPS during college and loaded semi-trailers for 3-4 hours a night, but I can say that I’m physically stronger now than I have ever been before. I love being able to say “Yeah, I can lift that.”
3) Make new friends. Their group classes are so much fun. You really do develop relationships with the other people you see often in class. Plus, burpees are more fun when you do them together (I did say “fun”, not “easy”).
2) Gain confidence. Nothing is better for your ego than having a complete stranger approach you at the gym and tell you that whatever you’re doing must be working because “you are totally jacked.”
1) But the best reason to come to Protégé? Results. I’ve never eaten so much in my life, yet people ask me all the time how I manage to stay so skinny when I eat so much.